Level: This course assumes participants have little or no knowledge of the principles of attachment, separation and loss.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define attachment, separation and loss respectively
- Explain the purpose of Attachment
- Explore attachment patterns and their effects
- Describe Attachment Disorder and note one’s own at-risk relationships
- Discuss if and how broken attachments might be mended
- State the three main reactions to separation
- Describe the part played by grief and mourning in an overall process
- State some traumatic effects of reunion after long separations
- Plan and prepare effectively to begin mending a relationship
- identify and begin practicing useful approaches
Participation: Identify relationships which you think will benefit from being explored – on your own or with others.
This course, ‘Attachment, Separation and Loss‘ is a highly participative, two-day training based on the seminal work of Dr John Bowlby, Mary Ainsworth and Associates. It is designed for relevance to people of African communities whose families migrated to the UK. It will involve pairs work, small group work, discussion of material addressing participants’ own commitments and concerns, therefore including coaching plus, exercises related to material presented, from which all can learn. Number of participants is limited to 15.
Dates: Friday 12 May Saturday 13 May – Time: 10.00.00 – 4.00.pm
Venue: London Metropolitan Archives, 40, Northampton Road, London EC1R 0HB
This event is part of: London Metropolitan Archives Spring Arts Festival taking place from:
10 May – 19 May 2017 – Migration – Let’s Talk About It
Cost for two day course is: £65.00 payable in advance – Payable to: Retired Caribbean Nurses Association
Post to: Retired Caribbean Nurses Association, 62, Beechwood Road, London E.8 3DY
Non refundable deposit of £35.00 will secure you a place.
To book or reserve a place on this course: ‘Attachment, Separation & Loss’, please call: 020 8 520 9401
Note: Payment for this course is non refundable, if you fail to attend.